Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grammy Nominees Revealed

In a CBS special last night (one that I could only stand for about 5 minutes), some of the Grammy Nominees were announced. I have to admit, I stopped caring about who won Grammys a long time ago. The best music, according to the jerkoffs that choose the winners, are some of the artists I loathe most of all. Anyway, I still always check to see who gets nominated in the hard rock, alternative, and metal categories. I honestly can't say where they come up with these nominees. For example:

Best Hard Rock Performance - AC/DC, Alice in Chains, Linkin Park, Metallica and Nickelback.
Best Metal Performance - Judas Priest, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Ministry, and Slayer

First of all, Linkin Park and Nickelback haven't made a hard rock album in years and AC/DC has been washed up since about 1988. Alice in Chains is probably still hard rock, but Alice in Chains died when Layne Staley did. And shouldn't a band named METAllica be nominated in the category of metal.
Speaking of the metal category, I have only one point. All these are good metal bands, but only one of them (Lamb of God) does anything relevant to today's music scene. If the other four bands were involved in the same race say in the 90s, then someone would care. It's not like Best Pop Vocal Album features KC & the Sunshine Band, the Beegees, and the Jackson 5, it has the Black Eyed Peas and Kelly Clarkson (who might be pop washed up, she has been around for awhile).

The Grammys air sometime in February...I think...who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment